Web Banner Waikanae

Utility services - before you dig

Show Sidebar

Utility services - before you dig

Before you dig on your property or in the road reserve (road corridor), find out if there are any pipes or cables running under the site and where they're located. 
Digging includes building a fence, major landscaping, excavation, concreting, installing an in-ground pool or a new driveway etc.

If you have a blocked sewer or need to locate your water toby urgently, we can tell you where the laterals are.

If you're digging anywhere on any Council land, including road corridor, you need approval first, apply for a Corridor Access Request

Water, wastewater and stormwater - pipe location

Gisborne District Council

phone: customer service 06 867 2049
website: gdc.govt.nz
email: service@gdc.govt.nz

Request a drainage plan of your property.  Most houses built prior to 1996 won't show stormwater pipes. 
A residential property search application for plumbing and drainage plans takes 24 hours to process.

For more information and to apply for property plans.

Power - cable location

Eastland Network

website: Eastland Network

Phone - cable location


The plan service is free.  Just allow at least 48 hours (2 working days) notice.
website: Chorus
phone: 0800 248 344
fax:- 0800 344 747
email: planrequest@beforeudig.co.nz

If you do damage a cable, let Chorus know straight away.  Phone: 0800 248 344

Gas - pipe location

phone: 0800 800 430
fax: 0800 224 460
website: Before U Dig

Utility providers - contact details

Contact Energy Limited - power and gas

website contactenergy.co.nz
phone: 0800 80 9000


phone: 0800 800 123
faults: 120

More information

Visit the Before U Dig website

Last updated: