Regional Pest Management Plan
The Regional Pest Management Plan provides for the efficient and effective assessment, management and/or eradication of pest plants and animals in the Gisborne district by:
- minimising the risk of the introduction or dispersal of new pest species;
- controlling the dispersal of any established pests;
- controlling pest densities and/or range (including eradication);
- minimising the adverse effects of pests and pest management on the environment;
- facilitating the integration of regional pest management with adjoining regional plans and national controls.