Plan Change 4 - Inner Harbour Car Parking
Council is proposing to amend the Tairāwhiti Resource Management Plan to ensure the provision of car parking to the Inner Harbour supports the enhancement of the area’s economic and amenity values. This will be done by:
- Managing the supply of car parking that adequately meets existing and forecasted demand;
- Supporting adaptive reuse of land for more compact, mixed use development;
- Supporting alternative forms of transport including walking, cycling and public transport;
- Recognising the high amenity value of the Inner Harbour waterfront.
Proposed Plan Change 4 includes:
- A 100% parking exemption zone within Port Management Zone A (Inner Harbour waterfront)
- A 50% parking exemption zone within Port Management Zone A (Eastern side of The Esplanade)
- A new policy and explanatory note that seeks to ensure consistency between the proposed car parking rules and the objectives for managing infrastructure within Port Management Zone A. (These proposed changes are set out in Appendix 1 of this report).
You can make a submission by sending a written submission to PO Box 747 Gisborne 4040 or an electronic submission to Plan.Changes@gdc.govt.nz.
Submissions must be in form 5 and must state whether or not you wish to be heard on your submission. Copies of this form are available from Gisborne District Council or on our website. You may view the proposed plan changes at our customer service centres, local libraries or on our website.
Submissions close 5pm on Friday 19 January 2018.
If you or your group would like to talk with Council staff about what’s in the plan and how it may affect you please email Plan.Changes@gdc.govt.nz