Plan Change 1 and Variation 1
Plan Change 1 - Variation 1 rationalise of the Tairāwhiti Plan by combining similar provisions and deleting those that do not assist with interpretation of the plan. It reduces the number of words (excluding schedules and appendices) by about 27%. This rationalisation is the second step in Council’s project to create a new combined plan from the former 7 resource management plans. The first step, the merger of the former plans and reorganisation of the provisions into a new structure, did not require a formal plan change process.
Council approved the plan change and variation with minor changes in response to submissions.
Any submitter may appeal the council decision on the proposed plan change to the Environment Court within 30 working days of this notice, appeal period closes Friday 23 February.
• Notice of Decision [PDF, 586 KB]
• Decision on Plan Change 1 and Variation 1 [PDF, 744 KB]
• Summary of submissions [PDF, 369 KB]
• Tairāwhiti Plan Rationalisation Background Report and Section 32 Evaluation [PDF, 1019 KB]
• Text Rationalisation Tracking Documents (showing rationalisation of the merged plan)
o Part A [PDF, 1.2 MB]
o Part B [PDF, 1.7 MB]
o Part C
C1-C4 [PDF, 2.9 MB]
C5-C8 [PDF, 1.5 MB]
C9-C11 [PDF, 1.2 MB]
o Part D [PDF, 1.6 MB]
o Part E tracking document not provided as not subject to rationalisation
o Part F [PDF, 1.5 MB]
• Provision Location Tracking Spreadsheet [XLSX, 36 KB] (former plans v new plan)
• Historic Plans
• Tairāwhiti Plan