There are about 1000 free all-day car parking spaces available within easy walking distance of Gladstone Road.
How much does it cost to park in the CBD?
Fee $2 per hour mostly and the time limit is 2 hours. Check the pay and display machine in the area.
What is the time limit in the CBD?
The maximum time is 2 hours unless otherwise stated on parking signs. Check the pay and display machines for more information.
Parking spaces allowing 8 hours metered parking is $1 per hour.
Can pay & display tickets be used in another car park?
There are 2 colours of tickets:
Blue tickets - dispensed where a 2 hour parking restriction applies. Tickets cost $2 per hour and may be used in any area where pay parking is in operation, including stand-alone parking meters.
Red tickets - dispensed and can only be used in the same area. Tickets cost $1 per hour.
Where is all day parking available near town?
- Childers Road
- Customhouse Street
- Palmerston Road
- Derby Street - only part of
- Most streets beyond Derby Street towards Roebuck Road
Check for parking signs, some have time limits, otherwise it is all day.
Where are the council car parks?
- Behind the Library in Bright Street - $1 per hour
- Behind Farmers in Bright and Grey Street - $1 per hour
- War Memorial Theatre in Bright Street - free
Free parking near town
- War Memorial Theatre car park - Bright Street
- Customhouse Street - part of
- Childers Road - part of
- Side streets from Derby Street to Roebuck Road
Clearway zones in the CBD
Clearways or 'no parking' are marked by signs a bright blue broken line painted on the road next to the kerb. Clearways operate from Monday to Sunday 11pm to 5am in:
- Peel Street between Gladstone Road and Childers Road
- Gladstone Road between Lowe Street and Customhouse Street
Any unoccupied vehicle parked in a clearway will get a $60 fine and will be towed. The owner has to make arrangements with the towage firm to get their vehicle back. This is over and above the $60 infringement fine.